Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


  It's been a while... 6 months. A lot of learning, searching and realizing I resemble in life exactly what I do for it, change by season and ultimately grow how I as I am guided. Humbling... as it should be.

   On the lighter side, fall and winter have brought many new exciting changes. I have been able to consolidate more and more of my collection of Japanese maples and bonsai material almost in one location. When I saw my Shishigashira Japanese maples (Lions Head Japanese maple for most of us) I almost fell over. I still have some of my smaller ones though the older have matured in a dynamic sense! Awesome caliper, structure and just overall stunning! The Trompenberg have exploded and needed to be cut back for further branching. These will be some of, if not the best of a crop I have ever had. They are exhibiting more and more character of a sculptured landscape specimen. The Bihou as well are as good as they get. The younger trees are holding the yellow bark even better than expected. So many neighbors have ask about the "bamboo-looking tree" in the yard. Definitely have found my parent plants! Spectacular is being conservative....

  I also didn't realize the amount of odds n ends I have so to speak. Kandy Kitchen, Sisters ghost, Mikawa Yatsubusa (some of the sizes), Shirazz, Koto no ito, Yuri Hime Sport, Moonfire and so many more. Such a large range of sizes to fit the bonsai enthusiast, home landscape DYI and specimen size trees of several varieties up to 4" caliper! I am amazed by it my self. Maples aside, so much more has come to fruition in the way of the bonsai stock I have cultivated. Japanese Black pine, Trident maples (among the many, many varieties I stock), Hornbeam, Oak, Dogwood, Boxwood, true Dwarf Boxwood, Holly, Tropical and so much more. Flat out, the best selection of bonsai material in Jacksonville, Florida! Period!

  I will be posting photos of more and more of my work and material in the coming weeks. Once this crazy weather settles a bit. Have to love the 35* Wednesdays, followed by 75*+ Saturday only to be back to the 30's by mid week again! The true spirit of the Florida winter!  Until then.... be happy and healthy!

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment