Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

As always, life has different plans for each day than I intended. Once told, "make your plans and God will laugh!" There has been a lot of laughter as of late, however, I am always thankful for everyday I count in life!

  The nursery is official a mess! Ha Ha  Ha! Worse than normal, no more so than usual though I keep shifting and setting up everything only to pull it apart and redo it. I'll sink posts for bonsai stands only to move them or decide that one belongs with another group. The Japanese maples get grouped, rowed out, irrigation run only to shift it once or twice or eight times a charm! A lot of some of the new (last several seasons) stock I introduced I have stocked heavy on them. Several variety of Japanese and Chinese pines, Snake Bark maples, Tridents and painted (Mono), Cedar, Larch, Zelkova, tropical and then some...
   Pottery and soil are more than abundant this year! Sizes, shapes, textures and much more! Shohin to 20"+ pots! Many different glazes as well as unglazed. All include screen and wire for anchoring! Not as an option. I keep on hand several mixes of soil to choose and then individual amendments for custom blends. The Specimen trees have been most spectacular this year. While they are in training to an extent, they will make stunning trees in a short work!
   Wire in both aluminum and copper has been hot as well. Having aluminum from 1.0mm al the way to 8.0mm (yes, that stubborn trunk WILL bend) and copper from 1.5mm to 5.0mm. I can sell by 100g, 500g, kilo and by the foot so you get what you need and not have to buy in bulk. Tools for the novice to the seasoned vets. I do not sell the high dollar tools with simply "brand names" to back them. I keep it practical, affordable and nothing I sell I wouldn't use or have not. I even keep several tools for customers to use and on occasion to take home for a few days to give them a real test and see if the tool is worth the investment at that time. Its truly a winner for us all!
   Lots of new stock to check out so make an appointment soon! remember, I am a private nursery so I do not have a store front or operating hours, better yet, I make individualize time for each of my customers! Time well spent for both of us to learn and go over as well as grow! Until next time, shape to your hearts content!

Marc C Kendrick
Red Maple Nursery & Bonsai, LLC.
904 703 6348
redmaplenurserys@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment